We live and breathe bamboo….
Founded in 2006 by Josée Lefrançois, Bamboo Design & Architecture is a company that specializes mainly in the distribution of innovative bamboo building materials in Canada; its head office is located in town of Mount-Royal on the island of Montreal. Products available for distribution are fabricated through leading manufacturers in the bamboo industry, Cali Bamboo and Smith & Fong and are available through Bamboo Design own qualified distribution network in Canada or directly through its sales department in rural areas and cities that are not served by the network.
Its bamboo products are sought nationally by environmentally conscious homeowners, designers, architects and contractors looking for unique styles and state-of-the-art design for residential and commercial applications. The company’s core values can be resumed in three words : Transparency – Honesty – Integrity.
1. What will you discover in Bamboo Design web pages?
- Everything about the latest trends on bamboo flooring.
- Everything about the latest trends on decorative and acoustical bamboo panels.
- High end Luxury Vinyl collections with a warm and trendy color selection
- Our fade, stain, scratch and mold resistant Eco-friendly composite decking collection.
- Elegant design solutions to some of the world’s social and environmental challenges.
- Products that are free of added urea formaldehyde and suspicious chemicals for a healthy environment.
2. What resources are available?
- Videos on most of our flooring and composite decking to provide a visually rich user experience
- Lots of great room pictures on our product pages and on our Inspiration page.
- Pre-installation Guide, Installation and Care and Maintenance available on all our products.
- For more transparency, all hardness and VOC (for indoor air quality) tests are available on most or our flooring.
- Samples are available on all our products.
- Everything about order processing, shipping, delivery and flooring/composite installation on page Guides & Support.
3. Advice and support
Thanks to Bamboo Design & Architecture expertise on bamboo building material applications, built over the last 15 years, technical support is offered by email, phone or through our Contact page, service is offered to all professionals and homeowners.
4. Education and training
Bamboo Design offers as well training and conferences targeted at quality standards to look for in bamboo flooring and plywood in terms of sustainable forest management (FSC) and indoor air quality. Other topic covered is their applications in residential and commercial projects.
Flexible options proposed : one-to-one, small group during normal business hours or within a group structure via a lunch and Learn program.
Target audience: designers and architectural and design firms.
Duration : 1h à 1h30
5. Why chose Bamboo Design & Architecture ?
- For our broad expertise in bamboo building material applications.
- For our excellent, courteous, professional and fast service.
- For the high level of satisfaction of our customers built on tested and assured quality.
- For our impressive bamboo flooring and plywood selection, the largest in Canada.
- For our speed, efficiency and delivery convenience across Canada.
Our declaration on equal employment opportunities
Bamboo Design & Architecture Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities and treat applicants and employees equally in all interactions with the company regardless of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age, military status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, province, or local law. Decisions regarding the recruitment, selection, development and advancement of employees are based on merit, qualifications, demonstrated skills and achievements.
“I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance…. Unless you have a lot of passion about this, you’re not going to survive…”
Quote by Steve Jobs
Meet Josée Lefrançois !
President of Bamboo Design & Architecture since its foundation in 2006, Josée is as well know under the pseudonym of “Madame Bambou” for her enthusiasm, her perseverance, her contagious passion for this giant grass and a certain amount of insanity in the belief that she will convince everyone to follow her in environmental mission, one bamboo at a time.
Originally from Côte-de-Beaupré, it is in 1984 that she moves to Montreal to continue her studies in communications and where she will develop a background in sales and marketing and project management in residential and commercial construction. 2004 marks the beginning of a new love affair – the idea of bamboo starts taking shape through some market researches where she discovers that bamboo is not only an economically viable source of fibers and building material but is also highly renewable and one of the most respected resource when issued from well managed forests. On a regular bases, Josée gives university lectures to stimulate young people’s interest in sustainable material and provides Lunch ‘n’ Learn sessions to architectural and design firms in order to shed some real light on true sustainable bamboo.
Business success today is dependent upon developing mutually beneficial relationships that promotes trust between customers and salespeople and so transparency and integrity are not just a buzzword that we include in our list of core values, they are proactively sought after and implemented in our day to day relationship with our customers and through our webpages.
Whether you are a designer, an architect, a real estate developer or a homeowner looking for a cutting edge design, we hope you’ll enjoy surfing our webpages as our goal ultimately is to make you see bamboo like you’ve never seen it before.